links for 2006-01-24
- Who's responsible for naming the planet Uranus?
Yes, it's Johann Elert Bode. But the response from the Ask Yahoo! team is pretty delightful.
- Fametracker, the audit of Pitt/Jolie's "Infangelina"
"We will need special goggles. No, the goggles won't protect us. We'll need artists, great artists, who'll sacrifice their eyes for one brief gaze upon the Brangelina infant (or, as we like to call it, the Infangelina), sketch its glory quickly, then spend their rest of their lives as blind babbling fools, jibbering in some monastery somewhere."
- The Climactic Death of Dark Ninja
Great film short. Comedlic slice of day about the making of a movie about ninjas.
- Nextbook: Silver Streak
Spot-on review of the comedy of Sarah Silverman
- Meltdown - The real reason why Paramount bought DreamWorks. By Edward Jay Epstein
Possibly true story of Paramount strategy and aftermath. If true, a peculiar (and frustrating) corporate decision.
- Jack London's pic of a post-06-earthquake SF City Hall (1208x782 pixels)
Destruct-y! City Hall looks better now.
- ..:Things My Boyfriend Says:..
Funny. (Old?) Example: 'While E was playing Civilization 4 I decided to go to the store. He asked if I would bring him back something, I said no, and he said: "And I was just going to name this city I conquered after you. I guess I'll have to call it Bitchburg."'
posted at January 23, 2006, 7:48 PM
Previously on massless.org